Fotodiox Pro Fusion Adapter, Smart AF Lens - Canon EOS (EF / EF-S) D/SLR Lens to Sony Alpha E-Mount Mirrorless Camera Body with Full Automated Functions
Mega Sale! Save 21% on the Fotodiox Pro Fusion Adapter, Smart AF Lens - Canon EOS (EF / EF-S) D/SLR Lens to Sony Alpha E-Mount Mirrorless Camera Body with Full Automated Functions by Fotodiox at eWest Photos. MPN: B00D9BKLX8. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Sometimes you need more than a simple adapter to mount a lens onto a camera - you need real power. Seize control over the electronic features of your
Sony Alpha E-mount Cameras - Popular models include:
Sony Alpha a7, a7R, a7S, a7 II, a7R II, a7S II
Sony Alpha a3000, a5000, a6000, a3500, a5100, aQX1, PXW-FS7
Sony NEX-3, NEX-5, NEX-C3, NEX-5N, NEX-7, NEX-F3, NEX-5R, ,NEX-6
Sony NEX-VG10, NEX-VG20, NEX-VG30, NEX-VG900, NEX-FS100, NEX-FS700, NEX-EA50
This FUSION adapter translates the Canon and Sony camera language for each other so that they can communicate allowing you to use Canon lenses on the Sony E-Mount cameras with auto focus and iris control. But much like a joke or parable from one language told in another, not everything always translates properly. So here are some things to keep in mind when using the Canon to Sony FUSION adapter:
- Only Canon-branded lenses introduced in or after 2006 are officially supported. Autofocus may be disabled for older Canon lenses and most third-party lenses (including most Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses).
- Lens compatibility is designed to work best on Sony Sony Alpha a6300, a7 II, a7R II E-Mount cameras
- Third party lenses like Sigma or Tamron lenses have more issues with auto focus.
- Switching between image and video can cause camera to freeze.
- When switching f stops in video mode can cause white flashes in video.
- Shooting in certain video modes can cause the camera to freeze.
- Auto Focus can be slow or even not function with varied model lenses and even different lenses of same model
- Continuous AF and video AF are not supported as performance may be unsatisfactory.
- The first two auto focus attempts are used to calibrate the lens and as a result may not lock successfully on the target.
- Half-press the shutter release button again and autofocus will lock successfully.
- Autofocus may have difficultly locking onto subjects which are very close to the nearest focusing distance of the lens.
- Autofocus accuracy depends heavily on the design and working condition of the lens. Lenses with hidden problems which may not be apparent on Canon DSLRs will lead to inaccurate and unreliable autofocus on Sony E-Mount cameras. Typical problems of this kind that we have seen include an rough/erratic autofocus mechanism (e.g. getting stuck intermittently at a certain focusing distance), a faulty/worn-out distance encoder or other faulty/worn-out internal sensors.
- By default Sony cameras have 1/3 stops, however F1.2 is a half stop, so when that lens is wide open, F1.3 is displayed even though you’re actually shooting at F1.2, but if you really need the metadata and camera it to say 1.2 instead, you can set the camera to do so by setting the the EV dial on the camera to zero, then change this setting: Menu > Camera Settings > Exposure Step > 0.5 EV
We don't want to scare you off from using the FUSION adapter, more often than not there are no problems with using the adapter; but every now you may come across one of the above issues. Hopefully knowing and understanding what the product does and what some of the possible drawbacks are before using the adapter will make it a more enjoyable experience from the start.
Features & Highlights
- Mounts Canon EOS (EF / EF-S) D/SLR Lenses to Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras; infinity focus or beyond guaranteed
- Built-in FUSION technology enables electronic communication and control between lens and camera
- Restores automated functions on most lenses such as auto-focus, aperture control, image stabilization and more with compatible lenses
- Precision all-metal construction with chrome plated brass mounts for secure and solid fit
- 24-Month Fotodiox warranty
|Item Weight:||0.25 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.44 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.8 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches|